The Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is seeking an Audio Engineer. The Audio Engineer will be responsible for assisting with the maintenance and operation of all broadcast-related audio equipment. The successful candidate must be detail-oriented, thrive under pressure and work well in a team environment. S/He will also provide technical support to ensure the quality production and transmission of both audio and video.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and test sound equipment before all broadcasts and/or recordings
- Record, edit and mix audio tracks (instruments, vocals etc.) to ensure the best acoustic result
- Enhance sound quality and add sound effects to recordings
- Set up and test sound equipment before broadcasts or recordings
- Work with Directors to synchronize video with audio tracks
- Play back tracks and special effects during Broadcasts
- Collaborate with lighting, camera and other people
- Create and maintain sound libraries
- Conduct as needed maintenance as well as routine preventative maintenance. This includes performing regular software and hardware updates.
- Resolve technical issues when they arise
- Follow instructions and details from directors, producers, etc
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- High school diploma; Degree in audio/sound engineering or related field is a plus
- Proven experience as sound engineer
- Technical expertise in sound engineering techniques (e.g. equalization)
- Experience with sound editing and recording equipment (e.g. mixing consoles)
- Working knowledge of recording software and hardware (e.g. Pro Tools)
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Creativity and attention to detail a must
- Strong Problem-solving and time management abilities
- Work well in stressful environment
- Excellent hearing and manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently and manage workload & work-flow in a team-based environment is a must
- Able to work weekends, overnights and holidays
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, Genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.