The Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is looking for a Booker who understands TV news and has established contacts with national bookers and producers.
A successful candidate will have years of experience within a broadcast media organization, such as a network or cable channel. The ideal client has an impeccable editorial judgment, great interpersonal skills and persistence in pursuing top guests, and has a deep desire for finding new guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pitching original segments, cultivating relationships, and booking top guests who are newsmakers, influencers, analysts, experts.
- Conducting pre-interviews and relevant research for booked guests.
- Working with the Production team and editorial team to develop and launch original new live programs for BNC.
- Collaborating on the development of daily rundowns, story selection, bookings, graphics generation, video editing, and scriptwriting.
- Coordinating with on-air talent on research/pre-interviews and booking guests with diverse points of view.
- Delivering detailed and accurate guest coordination information to technical/control room team for in-studio or remote interviews.
- Responding quickly to breaking news with last-minute guest bookings.
- Excellent news sense and deep knowledge of broadcast media.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, demanding environment, driven by breaking news.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments at once, work quickly and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Requirements & Skills:
- Minimum 2 -4 years of experience booking guest segments at a Cable TV or Broadcast network.
- B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, Genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.