The Black News Channel is searching for an experienced and passionate Digital Content Producer to execute the day-to-day production of content for the BNC website and app with an audience-first focus. Reporting to the Senior Digital Content Producer, you will create and execute daily content plans across the website and app, develop ongoing projects and help grow the digital content team workflow.
The ideal candidate will be a news junkie that lives and breathes digital content and has experience producing content across the web and social for a major news organization or media company. This important role will help execute a content strategy focused on engagement and audience growth. The ideal candidate understands and utilizes social listening, can explain digital data/analytics and uses the information to make content decisions that grow and engage audiences across all screens.
- Execute the production of audience-first, engaging storytelling through digital articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
- Curate story selection on BNC website and app.
- Carry out coverage of breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news alerts, live streams, social posts, web articles and email alerts.
- Participate in editorial meetings to help with editorial decisions based on social listening, digital data and real-time analytics.
- Help manage editorial calendar by working with reporters, video and social teams to develop and execute story ideas.
- Assist in developing and maintaining new sections of the website as news coverage dictates.
- Ensure content is maximized to drive KPIs.
- Help foster an environment that champions original, digital-first content production.
- Work with all newsroom departments on content coverage, broadcast-digital coordination and social listening.
- Track trending stories via ChartBeat, CrowdTangle, Google Trends and our social platforms. Communicate and coordinate findings to the content team.
- Assist in managing sales content elements that have strong revenue potential and web user interest.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications
- Minimum 1-3 years managing and producing digital and social content in a newsroom
- Broad knowledge of current affairs, including politics, race, social justice, international affairs, pop culture, and sports.
- Good news judgment, research, and fact-checking expertise.
- Knowledge of online news production systems along with social newsgathering tools
- Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, SEO, Basic HTML and live stream technology
- Working knowledge of video editing and photoshop
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Well-versed in AP Style
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates a truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assigns or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.