Black News Channel is looking for a Director of Distribution to lead the evolution of our branded products by uncovering trends and suggesting ways to optimize our offerings by continually testing and evaluating new platforms and tactics. The ideal candidate must be a dynamic, passionate and must have an explicit understanding of the branded content industry. This candidate will be well versed in the digital media landscape, aware of new and emerging trends in video and social, and able to adapt quickly to the ever-changing media environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze and report on the performance of branded content across multiple destinations, forming actionable insights that helps BNC content generate traffic and engagement.
- Design and implement trend reports that track client KPIs with actionable insights
- Work with internal and third-party data sources to process data for account leads and sales teams
- Collaborate with the marketing teams to create an institutional understanding of audience behavior and influence future decision making with data-driven recommendations
- Work with video producers to share creative best-practices for audience engagement across platforms
- Research and recommend new data products that provide our team with previously untapped opportunities for clients
- Work with site teams to test and optimize brand content placements, positions, styling, etc.
Requirements & Skills:
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of agency or client-side digital media experience, specifically in social media, publishing, or display
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manage and analyze large sets of data
- Experience working with publisher-side web-tracking technology (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics, Pressboard, Simplereach etc.)
- Experience with Audience Insights tools.
- Deep understanding of how social platforms work, and experience using social media insights platforms.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, Genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.