Black News Channel is seeking an energetic, passionate, analytical, and creative Director of National Sales who is up to the challenge of growing share and uncovering incremental revenue opportunities across multiple platforms in the Los Angeles DMA. The ideal candidate will have a keen attention to detail and be organized. Client, Agency, and Rep Firm engagement are top priorities.
Candidates should have the ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment, handle multiple challenges simultaneously, and be excellent in broadcast sales negotiation.
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve sales goals
- Always negotiates while keeping the station position in mind
- Achieve or exceed the National revenue budget
- Works with the Vice President of Sales on inventory management and pricing
- Travel as required to build and maintain relationships with our key customers.
- Build regional relationships with national account contacts in and around the Los Angeles DMA, and generate business via presentations to these contacts
- Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships
- Develops targeted, customer-focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and OTT.
- Takes full ownership of their National budgets and revenue goals and constantly develops strategies to overachieve
- Analyzes issues thoroughly in order to make sound business decisions and solve problems effectively
- Ability to communicate effective and persuasive sales presentation
- Must live/work in the Los Angeles DMA.
- An excellent Rolodex.
- 15+ years of Linear media sales.
- Great comfort selling low/none rated inventory.
- Considerable experience in creating and selling sponsorships and can convey examples.
- 10+ years working with rep firms.
- 4-year college degree.
Additionally, ideal candidates should:
- Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue.
- Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory.
- Is highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit, Wide Orbit Media Sales, or OSI and CRM software.
- have the ability to travel up to 25% (primarily Bay area).
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates a truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assigns or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.