Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is seeking an experienced Editor. The Editor integrates visual content and audio material to create compelling stories as well as completing daily editing projects for multiple platforms.
- Capture visual content and edit long-form stories and daily newscasts as needed.
- Work with producers, multi-media journalists and photojournalists to ensure a high-quality product consistent with station's brand.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment, including but not limited to video camera and video editing equipment.
- Maintain video archive filing system.
- Coordinate remote and studio events, creating synergy between remote and studio productions.
- Collaborate with affiliates on breaking news stories as well as sharing of information.
- Contribute content on all digital and OTT platforms.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Associate's degree in journalism or relative work experience.
- 3+ years experience in related field preferred.
- Proficiency in non-linear, editing, including Adobe Premiere.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Flexible to work any shift.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, Genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees our team members an expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.