Jr. Graphics Designer
BNC is looking for a Jr. Graphics Designer. In this role, you will be responsible for working hand in hand with the design team members and producers for the creation and delivery of daily graphics.
This is a role for a creative individual with excellent aesthetic judgment and willingness to collaborate within a team environment. You will be an integral part of the team, making sure daily network programs have all the graphics they need to Illustrate news stories.
- Create short-turnaround daily graphics for multiple shows, working from approved network styles.
- Understand and maintain the look and brand of the channel while working on graphics requests with minimal supervision.
- Communicate effectively with team members and producers to provide accurate time estimates for quick-turnaround asks.
- Assist in special projects as needed.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas.
Skills and Qualities:
As well as being extremely driven and having a desire to develop your skillset and grow, the ideal Motion Graphics Designer will have the following:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend and uphold brand style guidelines, producing work of a suitable style.
- Ability to solve an array of challenges through visual design.
- Must be able to mediate creative problems to arrive at the best solution.
- Manage time effectively, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Detail-oriented individual who reviews his/her work carefully, quality control is key.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaborate with a team.
- Professional demeanor with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal clients.
- Adobe After Effects.
Highly desirable skills:
- Cinema 4D.
- At least 1-year graphic design experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or Motion Graphics required.
- Strong portfolio showcasing high-end digital design skills and tv production.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.