Black News Channel is looking Line Producer to work alongside the show director(s) and show creative(s) to oversee all aspects of their projects. While partnering with creative, their main goal is to manage budget, as well as to keep their team on task and on schedule. This position will report to the network’s Executive Producer for instruction and guidance on the daily tasks required. This position will lead the creative and technical teams involved in producing each show, providing clear direction of the requirements for each program. The Line Producer will be responsible for monitoring the success of each show and making the adjustments necessary for show success.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience producing live news broadcasts
- Producing two or more live and or live-to-tape daily shows
- Managing and updating show rundowns
- Writing script copy
- Managing and tracking the insertion and updating of all video elements and graphics
- Supervising editorial, graphic and technical teams
- Managing the overall logistics of each show
- Producing promotional content for each show assigned
- Measure the success of each program based on pre-determined success metrics and make adjustments as needed to optimize the show’s success
- Manage and maintain a budget.
- Manage cost reports along with finance.
- Oversee and manage all outside show-based vendor relations.
- Manage and mentor production staff to greater effectiveness.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must have experience using ENPS or a similar system
- Must have strong writing and producing skills
- Must have live production experience
- Must have experience working in a studio environment
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively manage multiple projects and ability to take initiative
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- B.A. degree or equivalent in areas such as Journalism & Communications, or related field
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.