At BNC (Black News Channel), we are the catalyst and conduit for change in this new era of journalism, rooted in truth. We are driven to tell well-informed stories that are broader, richer and more fulfilling for all.
We are a 24-hour news agency.
BNC is seeking a driven, talented, and experienced full-time Motion Graphics Designer to create engaging visual content as part of our design team. The motion graphics designer is responsible for creating motion graphics for a news broadcast, social media and marketing.
As a Motion Graphics Designer on the Creative Services team, you will help visualize our brand using motion design. You will closely collaborate with Graphics, Creative Director and lead junior designers to create engaging experiences that have a cohesive look and feel and integrate seamlessly into the overall BNC brand.
A successful candidate will be an effective communicator that can handle multiple projects from start to finish, while under tight and evolving deadlines. You are someone who can work independently with little supervision and collaborate with a team of producers and creatives to raise the bar with each project.
- Propose concepts with rough sketches, storyboards, or mood-boards.
- Design and edit motion graphic pieces that strongly communicate product goals and concepts.
- Work with key stakeholders to ensure the quality of animations.
- Produce animated graphics packages for broadcast, social media and print.
- Deliver high-quality assets in multiple formats depending on expected consumption.
- Work with internal and external clients while managing complex projects.
- 3+ years of motion design experience.
- Modern and expressive motion graphics portfolio with an understanding of, and experience in branding, layout, color theory and typography in digital media.
- Strong Adobe After Effects skills.
- Strong Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator skills.
- Strong Typography skills.
- Good working knowledge of Cinema4D.
- Working knowledge of modern video editing, delivery and compression techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3D modeling and animation (Cinema 4D)
- Audio editing and production experience
- Illustration (Adobe illustrator)
- Design/Agency/VFX/Advertising or Studio background
- Experience in the Broadcast Design field a plus.
- Strong time and resource management skills.
- Meet critical deadlines under changing conditions.
- Excel in a team environment, ability to build/maintain positive relationships through strong collaboration efforts.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates a truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.