2320 Killearn Center Blvd, Tallahassee, FL 32309, USA
Position: Photo Journalist in Dallas, Texas.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates a truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.
- The Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is looking for a Photo Journalist with the ability to capture the essence of what’s happening in the field and bring it vividly into the homes and devices of our multi-platform audiences.
- This position will be paired with a national correspondent and will require shooting, editing, and executing live shots for news programs daily.
- The ideal candidate will be tech-savvy and well-informed on the most modern aspects of newsgathering. You must be able to shoot on Sony XD Cam, GoPro, on laptop computer and iPhone, and edit in Adobe Premiere and utilize the ENG, SNG, and wireless data to feed completed work back to BNC HQ.
- Excellent editing skills, exceptional time-management abilities, effective communication style, organization, and knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- An excellent eye for video and high journalistic standards are a must.
- This position will report to the Senior Director of News Content and will be based in Dallas, TX.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Shooting and editing of VOs, VO-SOTs, and packages for Broadcast Air and Online postings.
- Working with the National Desk editors and correspondents to cover daily stories.
- Gathers video and still pictures for digital platforms.
- Working with correspondents and producers to ensure the best content and facts are gathered.
- Working with producers to ensure their creative vision is executed with vivid video and natural sound.
- Communicating and coordinating incoming video elements from crews in the field.
- Can work with catalog systems to record and locate necessary videos.
- Will produce and publish content to our online platforms.
- Knowledge of non-linear editing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Must have computer and software experience.
- 5 years as a news photographer and editor.
- Previous newsroom experience preferred.
- Related military experience will be considered.
- Can easily carry up to 50 pounds of equipment.
- Efficient Operation on ENG trucks.