The Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to help drive business performance improvements through data analytics. Reporting to the VP of Finance, the Sr. Financial Analyst will support the organizations’ management in the areas of financial planning, budget development, internal operational workflows and business analysis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage month-end close process, which will include compilation of Executive Summary Report
- Design and maintain monthly Executive Financial Dashboard
- Prepare monthly P&L variance analysis reports, by department
- Work with department heads to develop KPI’s along with a corresponding dashboard
- Meet monthly with department heads to review variance analysis reports and identify accounts at risk of overages
- Month-end responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Review and analysis of General Ledger expense and revenue accounts
- Collection and review of monthly accruals
- Research and provide answers for Management month-end questions
- Partner with Sales to conduct profitability and breakeven scenario analysis
- Identify accounts at risk of missing annual budgeted numbers; prepare analysis as to why and prepare recommended solutions
- Prepare analysis of P&L to identify cost savings opportunities
- Prepare quarterly forecasts for each department rolled up to consolidated company forecast
- Develop integrated revenue/expense analyses, projections, reports, and presentations
- Review contracts to identify any cost savings opportunities
- Assists with the development and implementation of standardized analytical tools and reporting as well as ad hoc analysis and reporting when needed
- Provide information to management by assembling and summarizing data; preparing reports; making presentations of findings, analyses, and recommendations
- Increase productivity by developing automated applications; eliminating duplications; coordinating information requirements
- Prepare summary schedule of all contracts that will include start date, term length, end date and renewal terms
- Manage the company annual budgeting process
- Special projects as assigned by senior management such as white papers, new business analysis, investment analysis, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong data analytics experience including building complex forecast models and preparing trend analyses in Excel and other modeling tools
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office software packages, especially Excel with basic formulas as well as creating macros, pivot tables, and Vlookups among other advanced functionality and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of the Broadcast Media industry’s concepts, practices, and procedures a plus
- Experience with applying quantitative and qualitative factors as well as business experience to make appropriate recommendations to senior leadership
- Advanced research and problem-solving skills a plus
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communications skills
- Reliable takes initiative, and exhibits good judgment
- Organized and detail-oriented
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting or finance, MBA a plus
- 4 years of business experience in a financial reporting role, corporate accounting, and/or public accounting.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.