Black News Channel is looking for a proven, dedicated, and hardworking Senior Producer to supervise and direct the content for a live primetime show, including the development and execution of show materials and program format. The ideal candidate will provide oversight and leadership in story selection, pre-production elements, and producer rundowns. Will also be responsible for developing and creating live programming specific to our audience and lead the production through planning and overall operations management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create initial newscast rundown, select, research, write content for live newscasts.
- Oversee all aspects of content and presentation of the newscast.
- Ability to write and re-write scripts, edit, and post to multi-platforms.
- Manage live control room during the broadcast.
- Serve as backup line producer on occasion.
- Work with the booking team to identify appropriate voices for segments.
- Assist producers in formatting other newscasts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Five years prior news producing experience and strong editorial skills.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, or a related field.
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with excellent judgment.
- Experience with ENPS a plus.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and copy-editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Knowledge of national politics and policy issues is preferred.
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends, and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates a truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.