Black News Channel is looking for a proven, dedicated and hardworking Senior Producer to supervise and directs the Network’s news programming, including development and execution of show content and program format.
The Ideal candidate will provide oversight and leadership in story selection, pre-production and Producer rundowns. Will also be responsible for developing and creating live programming our audience and lead the production through planning and overall operations management. will want to watch and lead the execution of that content through editorial planning and operations. Must reside in the DMV area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates newscasts, select, research, write content for live newscasts
- Oversees all aspects of content and presentation of newscast •
- Ability to write, re-write, edit and post to multi-platforms.
- Grows the Network’s social and digital voice, especially within key demographics
- Assist producers in formatting other newscasts
- Ability to edit video
- Others duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
- Five years prior news producing experience and strong editorial skills
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, or a related field •
- High level of communication skills both written and verbal along with the excellent judgment
- Experience with ENPS a plus
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- Must be available to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and overnights, and flexible with schedule to be available during breaking news
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, Genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the black news channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right two assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.