Senior White House Producer
The Black News Channel is looking for an assertive, enterprising, innovative Journalist to join our Washington, DC News team as a Senior White House Producer. The ideal candidate for this role will have an innate curiosity and experience in aggressive newsgathering skills. Must have strong contacts to develop stories and breaking news on Administration topics. Must have exceptional editorial skills to identify and pitch stories. This role works closely with the Sr Director of News Content.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure creative storytelling that delivers both factual clarity and emotional connections with viewers.
- Pitch and develop original content for television on stories that intersect with the White House.
- Produce captivating newscasts and guides anchors and field talent to engage the audience emotionally, intellectually, and with a high level of energy.
- Ability to gain information on policy issues to develop storylines that viewers will find informative, unique, and compelling.
- Cover news events in town while providing editorial guidance and conducting interviews.
- Must be savvy on newsgathering in the Washington, DC, and Administration markets.
- Suggest and produce content that advocates for our community in the form of reporting, commentary, and developing solutions.
- Understands the newscast’s customers and develops a product that meets their expectations.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances with a willingness to change as needed
- Seeks opportunities to promote more interactivity with viewers and users
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Degree in Journalism, Communications or related field with at least 7 years of political reporting in a broadcast, print or digital work environment.
- Exceptional editorial judgment and intricate knowledge of national and international politics.
- Strong relationships and contacts in the White House, Capitol Hill, and Federal agencies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while multitasking and prioritizing on a daily basis, especially in breaking news situations.
- Minimum three years of producing engaging newscasts.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under time pressure deadlines.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.