The Black News Channel, LLC (BNC) is seeking a Talent Manager to assist the Director of Talent with all on-air talent related needs. The ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple projects and working well under pressure in a fast-paced news environment. This role will work in conjunction with Human Resources and Finance to establish best practices and procedures for BNC’s Talent Department.
- Assist Director of Talent to implement policy and procedures to benefit Talent relations within the BNC ecosystem.
- Work closely with Human Resources and Finance to streamline the Talent onboarding process.
- Maintain tracking system of all talent related documents, including but not limited to contracts, payments documents, and releases.
- Work closely with and build relationships with relevant internal (e.g., network EPs, Sales and Marketing, and Branding teams) and external parties (e.g., agents, managers, publicists) to ensure a thorough strategy.
- Occasionally attend industry events and talent meetings outside of normal business hours.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum four (4) years’ experience in News Production and management of VIPs combined.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Adhere to deadlines and multiple functions that may occur simultaneously.
- Quick responsiveness to both internal groups and external groups is imperative.
- The Talent Manager must be highly organized, efficient, and precise in his/her work.
- Must have excellent follow-through skills and be able to interact with all levels of management, and different personalities to resolve any issues that arise.
- Knowledge of the on-air talent business, including a basic knowledge of human resources procedures and talent contractual terms.
- Knowledge of the top talent agencies and management firms in the industry and relationships at such agencies/firms a plus.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.