Black News Channel is looking for an experienced and innovative VP of Marketing to direct and oversee our Marketing department. The VP of Marketing will provide leadership in the development and execution of innovative, performance-driven integrated marketing communications strategies to meet a variety of objectives (prospect recruitment, brand awareness, customer loyalty etc.). S/He will lead a team responsible for planning and executing day-to-day tactics and comprehensive, integrated campaign strategies. In this role, you will work closely with our CEO as well as Content, Brand and Product leadership to build a world-class creative, content, brand, and product marketing experiences. This position will report to the SVP & Chief Brand Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define a creative and persuasive messaging strategy to support our approach including branding, advertising (TV, Radio, Print, Direct Response) and website messaging.
- Own the voice of the customer and lead segmentation and targeting
- Create a customer-centric culture supported by customer insights
- Create customer loyalty campaigns to improve customer onboarding and retention
- Manage PR/Events
- Develop content for sales materials, websites, social media and campaigns
- Build and manage a team of marketing and communication professionals
- Direct agencies when needed.
- Manage the marketing budget with accountability for deliverables on budget/on time
- Must be a very creative thinker with ideas on the many ways the BNC brand can expand beyond adigital experience
- Must have deep expertise developing a global marketing strategy and roadmap in partnership with content, brand, product, marketing and PR teams
Requirements & Skills:
- 10+ years of creative marketing, social media, and brand
- Strong track record of building and leading marketing teams
- IQ/EQ balance that allows you to use data to inform your decisions and the insight to create deep connections across the business to get the job done
- In depth knowledge of market research
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on company’s success
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated, and the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming, dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an
authentic, new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse; the network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African
It is the policy of the Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to the overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the
Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at anytime. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations, and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and or internal concerns to the attention of the Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or Director of Human Resources.