Black News Channel (BNC) seeks a talented Writer/Producer for the BNC Live Show. The writer/producer is a vital contributor to the BNC Live Team. The ideal candidate will produce segments and/or packages that make the show relatable, captivating, and unique. As a powerful writer for the show, the writer/producer contributes to the program's overall excellence and writes with an active voice and urgency.
This position is in Tallahassee, Florida.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support line producer in establishing show’s editorial direction.
- Write compelling banners.
- ENPS user.
- Knowledge of basic rundown timing.
- Additional duties may include line producing.
- Pitching, researching, planning guest segments and/or packages as needed.
- Identifying guests, video elements, graphic elements for day-of scripts.
Required Skills & Abilities:
- Strong editorial skills.
- Flexibility to adapt during breaking news.
- Ability to quickly identify stories, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Journalistic writing, research and package writing skills and editorial judgment.
- Must be an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of ENPS is helpful.
- Social media expertise.
- Attitude should be eager, cooperative, energetic and team-oriented.
- Self-starter who takes initiative on story execution.
Education & Experience
- Must have at least 3 years’ experience writing and/or producing.
The Black News Channel (BNC) is an independent network that is minority-owned and operated and is the nation's only provider of 24/7 cable news programming dedicated to covering the unique perspective of African American communities. BNC provides access to information and educational programming to meet the specific needs of this growing and dynamic community that is also a major consumer of subscription television services. BNC delivers an authentic new voice that represents African Americans in mainstream media and fosters political, economic, and social discourse. The network is one voice representing the many voices of African Americans. BNC's programming illuminates truth about the unique challenges facing urban communities and helps close the "image gap" that exists today between the negative Black stereotypes perpetuated by mainstream media news and our enterprising African American communities.
It is the policy of The Black News Channel to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, The Black News Channel will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Employees and team members are expected to contribute to BNC’s overall team effort. Nothing in this job description restricts the Black News Channel, LLC, (BNC), or executive leadership's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All staff members are required to be familiar with changes in law, regulations and procedures, as well as report all questionable accounting, potentially fraudulent activity, and/or internal concerns to the attention of The Black News Channel LLC's General Manager or VP of Human Resources.